Pre Race Info
Athlete Check-In is compulsory for all participants. You will collect your race number, and official gear bag.
Location: Napier War Memorial Centre, 48 Marine Parade, Napier. Click for Google Map directions.
Opening hours: Friday 13 May 2022: 9:00am - 9:00pm
*If you cannot make it to Athlete Check-In, a friend or family member can collect your race pack on your behalf providing they can show us a copy of your registration confirmation email.
Personal Drinks will be distributed to all aid stations for marathon and half marathon runners only. The bottles must be marked clearly with runner’s race number and the drink station you want them left at. Runners are encouraged to mark bottles with a ribbon or colour for easy identification.
Bottles must be handed in at Athlete Check-In on Friday 13 May. The personal bottles will be set out in numerical order at the first table of the designated aid stations. No glass, metal or unsealed bottles will be accepted.
The Partner Expo will be open during Athlete Check-In and entry is FREE!
There will be a range of retailers there to assist with your pre event needs, including the ASICS Merchandise stand and a team doing strapping for $5/service.
Race day checklist
- Your race number (and pins to attach it).
- You official gear bag for bag drop labelled with supplied bag tag.
- Your shuttle bus sticker if you are taking the Shuttle Bus (this will be printed on your race number).
- Weather appropriate clothing, plus sunscreen and cap.
- Please ensure you have completed the back of your race number with your name, any medical conditions and a contact name and phone number (other than your own or someone else running) in case of emergency.
- Please pin your race number to the front of your T-shirt or running vest and make sure it is clearly visible. You must not use someone else’s number, nor let someone else use yours.
- Your race number carries your disposable timing chip which is your unique timing device for the race. You must wear your race number to be classified as a starter and a finisher of the race and have your time recorded. Timing chips do not need to be returned.
- This is a fully supported marathon with 10 Aid stations (5 Aid stations for the half marathon), so you do not need to carry a hydration pack unless you want to. You do not need to wear trail shoes as the course is smooth, easy, hard packed trails.
The Runaway Marathon Series mobile app is a fantastic tool for both athletes and supporters. It includes key information on all that is happening at the New Zealand Sotheby's International Realty Hawke's Bay Marathon, including maps and an athlete tracker so you can follow your friends.
Download via your App store below.
With an event of this size, we rely on the goodwill of businesses and residents to help us make the event a success. To assist those that live or work near or on the course, we have produced a map of the traffic access plan, including road closures and parking restrictions that will be in place on Saturday 14 May 2022.
Please familiarise yourself with the information, and share this with others, so you understand how the event and the associated road closures may affect you. Click here to view and download the 2021 road closure map. This map will be confirmed closer to the 2022 event date.
Personalised Coaching with Squad Run
SQUADRUN is proudly the affiliated training partner for the New Zealand Sotheby's International Realty Hawke's Bay Marathon. They deliver coaching support and tailored training programmes for hundreds of athletes of ALL abilities.
Once you sign up, the SQUADRUN team will be in touch with you to get you started! After your 4-week training period, if you like the program, you can choose to continue to train directly with SQUADRUN for just $15/w (+GST).
How does it work?
SQUADRUN will work with you to create a ‘priority based’ training plan, with your race goals and fitness in mind. You get around 7 runs per week to choose from, ordered in importance by priority. Most athletes will typically select 3-4 of the ‘higher priority’ runs and plan their week around their busy lives, their jobs and family commitments. You decide how much training you can do and with the guidance of two of regions most qualified and respected coaches you’ll be in great shape come race day.
No set-up fee, no hidden costs and you can leave at any time.
Not just a training programme!
Get help with nutrition and hydration, pacing strategies, running tips for improving your form, efficiency and race day execution. All these things and more are part of a complete training package that is much more than the programme itself. SQUADRUN will help you with everything throughout and chances are they’ll even be there to see you get it done on race day!
Get Run Ready Toolkit
We have put together the ultimate tool kit to ensure you reach the start line as prepared as possible, and you reach the finish line having had an awesome day!
The tool kit includes:
- Training plans for all distances
- Training tips
- Nutrition advice
- Footwear advice
- Injury prevention tips