Race date: Saturday 15 May 2021
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km, 3km Kids Run
Start times: 7:45am for 10km, 8.00am for Half Marathon, 8:15am for Marathon and 1:00pm for Kids Run
Finish line: Elephant Hill Estate & Winery
Athlete Check-In: Friday 14 May 9:00am to 9:00pm, Napier War Memorial Centre, 48 Marine Parade
|Event||Super Early Fee
5 Nov 2020 - 10 Dec 2020
11 Dec 2020 - 28 Jan 2021
29 Jan 2021 - 31 Mar 2021
1 Apr 2021 - 15 May 2021
|Marathon (18+ years)||$141.00||$152.00||$161.00||$172.00|
|Half Marathon (16+ years)||$86.50||$97.50||$108.50||$119.50|
|10km (7+ years)||$49.50||$55.00||$60.00||$71.00|
|Kids Run (5-12 years)||$22.00||$22.00||$22.00||$30.00|
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include all fees and taxes. Online entries close 5pm 13 May 2021. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
Entry fee inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered prior to midnight 12 April 2021
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Aid stations on the course (with water, isotonic sports drink, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners Prizes
|1 April 2021||Late Entry fee applies|
|12 April 2021||Cut off for personalised bib (midnight)|
|13 May 2021||Online entries close, registration in person at Athlete Check-in only.|
If you cannot participate in the event for any reason, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
|13 February 2021||45% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date.|
|26 March 2021||22% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date.|
**The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: FinisherPix. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, squad run, pasta party, are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred or transferred into this event from a previous year or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Transfer your entry to different event distance
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must email the customer service team at email@example.com on or before Wednesday 5 May 2021. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in. View the Athlete Check-In times here.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance event and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
Transfer your entry to someone else
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date.
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 11:59pm (NZT) on 5 May 2021. No person to person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27NZD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered
- The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will not be transferred with your entry but will be refunded: FinisherPix. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving, shuttle bus tickets, squad run, pasta party, are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must send the receiving athlete's full name and email address to the event team at firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will provide the next steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee (at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27NZD including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our runners on course.
Online Distance and Person to Person Transfer cut off dates
|5 May 2021||Online Distance transfers close|
|5 May 2021||Person to Person transfers close|
COVID-19 Related Policies
What if New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon does not take place on 15 May 2021, for reasons relating to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the new date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
If for reasons beyond the Event Operator’s control the event does not take place at all (including reasons relating to COVID-19), all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the same event in 2022 (or, if the event is not confirmed to take place in 2022, athletes will be provided with an Event Credit to the value of their entry fee which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand for three years from issue).
In the circumstance set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have been moved into?
Athletes will be given a limited time opportunity to alternatively take an Event Credit to the value of their entry (including additional purchases). This Event Credit can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand.
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings (10+ participants). Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have five incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.
Please note, group bookings will not be accepted one month out from the event (15 April 2021).