Race date: Saturday 15 May 2021
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km, 3km Kids Run
Start times: 7:45am for 10km, 8.00am for Half-Marathon, 8:15am for Marathon and 1:00pm for Kids Run
Finish line: Elephant Hill Estate & Winery
Athlete Check-In: Friday 14 May 9:00am to 9:00pm, Napier War Memorial Centre,48 Marine Parade
Entries for 2021 open on Thursday 5 November 2020
2020 Information below
2021 Entry information coming soon.
|Event||5th Birthday Special
19 May 2019 – 30 Sep 2019
1 Oct 2019 - 31 Jan 2020
1 Feb 2020 - 4 Aug 2020
5 Aug 2020 - 18 September 2020
|Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee|
|Marathon (18+ years)||$132.90||$143.53||$143.20||$154.66||$151.40||$163.50||$161.70||$174.64|
|Half Marathon (16+ years)||$81.40||$87.91||$91.70||$99.00||$102.00||$110.16||$112.30||$121.28|
|10km (7+ years)||$46.35||$50.06||$51.50||$55.62||$56.65||$61.18||$66.95||$72.30|
|Kids Run (5-12 years)||$20.60||$22.25||$20.60||$22.25||$20.60||$22.25||$25.75||$27.81|
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include GST. Online entries close 5pm 17 September 2020. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
Entry fee inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered prior to midnight 19th August 2020
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Aid stations on the course (with water, isotonic sports drink, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners Prizes
Refunds and Transfers
The 2020 information is below.
Entries for 2021 open on Thursday 5 November and the below information will be updated on this date.
|5 August 2020||Late Entry fee applies for Rescheduled 2020 Event.|
|19 August 2020||Cut off for personalised bib (midnight) for Rescheduled 2020 Event.|
|17 September 2020||Online entries close for Rescheduled 2020 Event, registration in person at Athlete Check-in only.|
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where eligible, please allow up to 7 days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, please email email@example.com
Athlete Withdrawal Dates for 2020 Event for athletes creating a new entry on or after 24 March 2020
|19 June 2020||50% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date.|
|2 August 2020||25% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date.|
Athlete Withdrawal Dates for athletes transferred or deferred from the original 2020 Event Date into the Rescheduled 2020 Event, the 2021 Event or a substitute Ironman New Zealand event:
|29 March 2020||25% of entry fee refundable for refund requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date.|
**For athletes transferred from the original 2020 Event Date into the Rescheduled 2020 Event, the 2021 Event or a substitute IRONMAN New Zealand event, all selections are final and no further refunds (unless set out above) are available. Transfers shall be made in accordance with the Transfer rules set out below.
Transfer your entry to different event distance
Transfers between race distances can be made in accordance with the below stated Online Distance Transfer dates, or until the race is sold out. After this date, if you wish to transfer, this must be done in person at Athlete Check-in (subject to availability).
- A transfer fee of $27 including all fees and taxes will be charged for all transfers between distances.
- Please be aware that you cannot transfer to a sold out event.
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
If you would like to transfer between race distances in accordance with the below stated Online Distance Transfer dates, please log in to your MyEvents Portal and select Change Event Category.
Transfer your entry to someone else
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer dates. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27 including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Participants can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered in accordance with the below stated Online Distance Transfer dates.
- All Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable. The person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must send the receiving athlete's full name and email address to the event team at firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will provide the next steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee (at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27 including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our runners on course.
Online Distance and Person to Person Transfer cut off dates
|17 September 2020||Online Distance transfers close for Rescheduled 2020 Event.|
|17 September 2020||Person to Person transfers close for Rescheduled 2020 Event.|
COVID-19 Related Policies
What if the event does not take place on Saturday 19 September 2020, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic? If this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration moved to the 2021 event date. We will provide as much notice as we can, and if this doesn’t work for you we will provide other options such as an Event Credit, which can be used on any of the IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of events in New Zealand.
What if I am unable to get to the 2020 event (or, if rescheduled, the 2021 event) due to border restrictions? If this still remains the case less than 30 days out from the event, affected Athletes will be offered an Event Credit to the value of your entry (including additional purchases).
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings (10+ participants). Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have five incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.
Please note, group bookings will not be accepted one month out from the event (19 August 2020).