Race date: Saturday 18 May 2024
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km
Start times: 7:45am for 10km, 8:00am for Half Marathon, 7:45am for Marathon
Finish line: Elephant Hill Estate & Winery
Athlete Check-In: Friday 17 May 10:00am to 9:00pm, Napier War Memorial Centre, 48 Marine Parade
2024 Entries Are Now Open
|Event||Super Early Fee
27 Aug 2023 11am NZT - 19 Oct 2023
20 Oct 2023 - 25 Jan 2024
26 Jan 2024 - 18 Apr 2024
19 Apr 2024 - 17 May 2024
|Marathon (18+ years)||$165.00||$180.00||$190.00||$200.00|
|Half Marathon (16+ years)||$105.00||$115.00||$130.00||$145.00|
|10km (10+ years)||$70.00||$75.00||$85.00||$95.00|
|Kids (5-12 years)||$32.00||$37.00||$42.00||$47.00|
- All entry prices are shown in New Zealand dollars
- Prices are inclusive of GST.
- This payment will be processed by ACTIVE Network in the United States. Some banks may charge a small transaction fee according to their policies. This fee is not charged by ACTIVE Network or IRONMAN. Please contact your bank for further information.
- Late entries will be accepted in person at Athlete Check-In, unless sold out prior.
Entry fee inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered prior to midnight 14 April 2024
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Aid stations on the course (with water, PURE nutrition, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners prizes
Terms and Conditions
|27 August 2023||Super early entry fee applies|
|20 October 2023||Early entry fee applies|
|26 January 2024||General entry fee applies|
|24 March 2024||Name tee cut off (available in merch store once open)|
|19 April 2024||Late Entry fee applies|
|14 April 2024||Cut off for personalised bib (midnight)|
|11 May 2024||Online merchandise closes at 5:00pm|
|16 May 2024||Online shuttle tickets close at 5:00pm, purchase at Athlete Check-in only|
|17 May 2024||Online entries close at 5:00pm, registration in person at Athlete Check-in only|
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser in writing via email at email@example.com.
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
- 45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm (NZT) on 25 February 2024
- 22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm (NZT) on 7 April 2024.
**The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) which are paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third-party service provider such as Sportograf (Official Event photographer) photo packages, medal engraving tag, transport tickets, certificates or Squad Run are not refundable.
***Athletes who have deferred into this event from a previous year, transferred into this event, entered through the use of an Event Credit or complimentary (100% discounted) entry are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Please note: This event takes place in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand. It is each athlete’s sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend (including Athlete Check-In during specified times) and compete in the event on the day. Other than as provided for in the Athlete Withdrawal program set out above, no further remedies will be provided for change of mind, change of personal circumstances (including work conflicts), or injury.
If you decide to withdraw at the event after collecting your race bib at Check-In, please advise Event Information onsite. If you need to withdraw on race day, your details must be recorded by the Drop Out Clerk located at Event Information.
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
• To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must log into their MyEvents account and select Change Category before 5:00pm (NZT) 16 May 2024. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in.
• Transferring to a greater distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
• Transferring to a shorter distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
• Athletes who deferred into this event, are required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change in distance.
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date:
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 5:00pm (NZT) 16 May 2024. No Person to Person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27NZD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as Sportograf Official Event Photographer photo packs, medal engraving tag, transport tickets, certificates or Squad Run are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their MyEvents account, select ‘Transfer Registration’ and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry (at the current entry price advertised at https://hawkesbaymarathon.co.nz/entry-info/) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27NZD including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
- Athletes who deferred into this event, are required to contact email@example.com to request a Person to Person transfer.
**As stated in the Athlete Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
|16 May 2024||Online Distance transfers close|
|16 May 2024||Person to Person transfers close|
ACTIVE Refund is an optional purchase which may make your registration fee, and certain additional purchases, eligible for a refund if you are no longer able to attend your event for any reason (subject to the ACTIVE Refund Terms and Conditions). ACTIVE Refund requests must be submitted via the ACTIVE Refund website no less than midnight 48 hours prior to the activity start date. If available for your event registration, you will see the option to purchase ACTIVE Refund during check-out of your registration. Please note this program is run exclusively through ACTIVE Refund and all questions regarding ACTIVE Refund should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.