Race date: Saturday 14 May 2022
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km
Start times: 7:45am for 10km, 8:00am for Half Marathon, 8:15am for Marathon
Finish line: Elephant Hill Estate & Winery
Athlete Check-In: Friday 13 May 9:00am to 9:00pm, Napier War Memorial Centre, 48 Marine Parade
|Event||Super Early Fee
15 Jul 2021 - 14 Oct 2021
15 Oct 2021 - 19 Jan 2022
20 Jan 2022 - 18 Apr 2022
19 Apr 2022 - 12 May 2022
|Marathon (18+ years)||$145.00||$160.00||$170.00||$180.00|
|Half Marathon (16+ years)||$95.00||$105.00||$120.00||$130.00|
|10km (10+ years)||$60.00||$65.00||$70.00||$85.00|
|Kids (5-12 years)||$25.00||$25.00||$25.00||$30.00|
Please note: All entry fees are shown in New Zealand dollars and include all fees and taxes. Late entries will be accepted in person at registration, unless sold out prior.
Entry fee inclusions
Personalised Race Bib if entered prior to midnight 21 April 2022
Official Gear Bag
Finishers medal (all distances)
Aid stations on the course (with water, PURE nutrition, toilets and first aid)
Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food and drink
Category Winners prizes
|15 October 2021||Early entry fee applies|
|20 January 2022||General entry fee applies|
|19 April 2022||Late Entry fee applies|
|21 April 2022||Cut off for personalised bib (midnight)|
|12 May 2022||Online merchandise closes at 5:00pm|
|12 May 2022||Online shuttle tickets close at 5:00pm, purchase at Athlete Check-in only|
|12 May 2022||Online entries close at 5:00pm, registration in person at Athlete Check-in only|
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser in writing via email at email@example.com.
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
|19 February 2022||45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date.|
|2 April 2022||22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to this date. No refunds for athlete withdrawals after this date.|
*The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will be refunded in addition to the entry fee: Official Event Photographer photo packages. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving tab, shuttle bus tickets, squad run are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred into this event from a previous year or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Please note: It is each athlete’s sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend and compete in the event on the day. Other than as provided for in the Athlete Withdrawal program set out above, no refunds will be given for change of mind, change of personal circumstances, or injury.
If you decide to withdraw at the event after collecting your race kit at Check-In, please advise Event Information onsite and hand your race bib in. If you need to withdraw on race day, your details must be recorded by the Drop Out Clerk located at Event Information.
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes must log into their MyEvents account and select Change Category before 5:00pm (NZT) on 12 May 2022. After this date, such requests can only be made at the Help Desk at Athlete Check-in.
- Transferring to a greater distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Transferring to a shorter distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
- Athletes who deferred into this event, are required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change in distance.
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date.
- Person to Person transfers accepted up until 5:00pm (NZT) on 12 May 2022. No person to person transfers accepted after this date.
- A transfer fee of $27 NZD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- The following additional purchases paid for at the time of entry (if any) will not be transferred with your entry but will be refunded: Official Event Photographer. Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third party service provider such as medal engraving tab, shuttle bus tickets, SQUADRUN are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- As Shuttle Bus tickets are non-refundable, the person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their MyEvents account, select Transfer Registration and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry(at the current entry price)in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $27 NZD including all fees and taxes transfer fee.
- Athletes who deferred into this event, are required to contact email@example.com to request a Person to Person transfer.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
|12 May 2022||Online Distance transfers close|
|12 May 2022||Person to Person transfers close|
What if the event does not take place on 14 May 2022, for reasons relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Where possible, the event will be rescheduled, and if this happens all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) automatically moved to the new event date. We will provide as much notice as we can.
If for reasons beyond the IRONMAN Group’s control the event does not take place at all for reasons relating to COVID-19, all registered athletes will have their race registration (and any additional purchases) moved to the same event in 2023.
In the circumstance set out above, there will be no refund of the athlete’s entry fee (or any portion of) or any other costs incurred in connection with the event.
What if I can’t make the date I have automatically been moved to?
Athletes will be given a limited time opportunity to defer their entry to the following year. Any additional purchases will be refunded.
What if the 2022 New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon takes place on 14 May 2022 but is subject to a capacity or density limit?
2022 New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon will be conducted in accordance with all health orders in place at the time of the event, including any requirements of the New Zealand Government and/or, Ministry of Health. Where the event becomes subject to a capacity or density limit, impacted participants (assessed by order of registration) will be invited to select from a number of options, including deferral into the 2023 event or a full refund. We will provide as much notice as we can.
What if I cannot make the event due to Border Restrictions or implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic?
The 2022 New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon takes place in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand. It is each athlete’s individual responsibility to ensure they can attend the event location on the event date. While no refunds will be given to athletes who are unable to attend based on the impact of border restrictions on their own personal circumstances, IRONMAN will however provide athletes impacted in this way with a one-time offer to defer their entry into the 2023 New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon.
This offer will be made to international athletes who are legally unable to enter New Zealand approximately 30 business days out from the 2022 New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon event, and any domestic athletes who are legally unable to enter Hawke’s Bay approximately 7 business days out from the event. This offer will be made to athletes based on the home address provided by each athlete in the event registration platform.
Athletes affected by this situation will be contacted directly via email by the 2022 New Zealand Sotheby’s International Realty Hawke’s Bay Marathon customer service team at the above outlined days out from the event.
Our Athlete Services team can assist with large group bookings (10+ participants). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your requirements.
If your group is interested in other marathon events we have five incredible destination marathon events across Oceania that you may be interested in.
Please note, group bookings will not be accepted one month out from the event (14 April 2022).